Have You Been Mistreated By The Police?

You May Be Entitled To Compensation And Be Able To Force The Police To Apologise.

We Make Claiming Easy

  • Our Panel Are SRA Regulated
  • No Win, No Fee Claims
  • Police Complaint Specialists
  • No Obligation Review Of Your Case
  • Stress-Free Service
  • Easy Claim Process

What Can You Claim For?

  • Assault and Excessive Use of Force
  • Unlawful Stop and Search
  • Injury During Arrest
  • Unlawful Imprisonment
  • Wrongful Arrest
  • Discrimination
Testimonials For Our Panel
Our Panel’s Accreditations
100% No Win, No Fee
 Police Complaint Specialist
 Our Panel Are SRA Regulated

Action Against the Police

If you have been mistreated by the Police and would like assistance, our panel of expert police solicitors may be able to help. We have the utmost respect for the vast majority of Police Officers who protect the public and uphold the law each day. However, if a Police Officer has acted unfairly or illegally then you certainly deserve to get justice.

You may be entitled to compensation if you have been unfairly treated, wrongfully arrested, or even assaulted by a Police Officer. You can also expect an apology from the Police Force concerned if they are found to be guilty. This will also enable the Police Force to instigate disciplinary action to ensure that no other member of the public finds themselves in your situation.

The Independent Office for Police Conduct reported that between 2020 and 2021 there were a total of 67,732 complaint cases logged by police forces and local policing bodies in the UK. The complaints included allegations of assault, sexual assault, discrimination, corruption and generally breaches of the code of conduct.

If you believe you have a valid Actions Against The Police claim, our friendly panel of solicitors can guide you through your next steps. Start today by filling out our enquiry form.

Examples of Police Misconduct

This is by no means an exhaustive list of all the forms of Police misconduct but does show the most common cases which we are able to assist with:

Assault and excessive use of force
Injury during arrest
Wrongful arrest
Unlawful stop and search
Unlawful imprisonment
Trespass to property
Bites by Police dogs
Death whilst in custody
Data Protection Breach
Injury from excessive application of Pepper Spray or Taser
Breach of your Human Rights

If you have been a victim of any of the above, please get in touch with PoliceComplaint.co.uk to find out how we can help.

Click Here to Start Now

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a Police Complaint?

A Police complaint is made when an individual approaches the Police force concerned and Most complaints are dealt with by the Police forces internal professional standards department. However, if the complaint is of a more serious nature such as assault of Sexual assault, the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) will be involved.

If you file a complaint in this way, it is possible that you will receive an apology if the Police officer is found to have mis-treated you. However, this will not mean that you receive any compensation for the distress which has been caused. Therefore, filing a complaint in this way is different to taking legal action against the Police. If you feel that you have been mistreated by the Police and an apology is not good enough, then please get in touch to see how we can assist in obtaining compensation for the pain you were caused.

What is an Action against the Police claim?

Unlike a complaint against the Police, an Action Against the Police is usually pursued through the courts. This is a Civil claim for compensation against the Police force.

If we believe that you have a valid case for compensation, then your case will be handled on a no win no fee basis so that there is no cost to you in the unlikely case that we are unsuccessful.

What are the time limits for bringing action ?

Depending on the type of misconduct there are time limits in which you must raise your claim against the Police.

Below is a guide for time limits of various claims

  • - Data Protection Breach - 6 years
  • - Unlawful arrest or false imprisonment – 6 Years
  • - Trespass on property or goods – 6 years
  • - Assault - 3 years
  • - Breach of Human Rights – 12 months
  • - Discrimination – 6 months less one day from date of the incident

It will assist your case if you take photos of any injuries sustained and visit a doctor for assessment following any assault or physical injury.

Will it cost me to claim?

Policecomplaint.co.uk may be able to bring your claim on a No Win No Fee Basis meaning that even if you lose there Is no cost to you. We do this by taking an insurance policy to cover the costs of the case.

This means that you only pay our fees if the case is won.

How PoliceComplaint.co.uk can help you?

If you have experienced mistreatment at the hands of the Police, then we can help. We will fight your corner to ensure that you receive the compensation which you deserve

Our panel of expert solicitors will assist you in obtaining evidence and retrieval of property which has been taken by the Police. We are experienced in making robust complaints to the Police for improper conduct.

You can also rest assured that all of our panel are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA)

For Your Information

PoliceComplaint.co.uk do not give legal advice; Our service is limited to the process and administration of Actions Against The Police Claims. You do not need to use a claims management company to make a claim.

The No Win No Fee Success Fee for getting your Actions Against The Police compensation is based on which expert panel member we refer you to. Our panel currently consists solely of Satchell Moran Solicitors Limited who are authorised by the SRA, license number 626300. Registered office: 658 Prescot Road, Old Swan, Liverpool, L13 5XE

The No Win, No Fee is 25%+VAT. We do not have a termination fee for Actions Against The Police claims.