Have You Been Mistreated By The Police?

You May Be Entitled To Compensation And Be Able To Force The Police To Apologise.

We Make Claiming Easy

  • Our Panel Are SRA Regulated
  • No Win, No Fee Claims
  • Police Complaint Specialists
  • No Obligation Review Of Your Case
  • Stress-Free Service
  • Easy Claim Process

What Can You Claim For?

  • Assault and Excessive Use of Force
  • Unlawful Stop and Search
  • Injury During Arrest
  • Unlawful Imprisonment
  • Wrongful Arrest
  • Discrimination

Police Complaint claims are not regulated by the FCA.

Testimonials For Our Panel
Our Panel’s Accreditations
No Win, No Fee
Police Complaint Specialist
Our Panel Are SRA Regulated

Action Against the Police

If you have been mistreated by the Police and would like assistance, our panel of expert police solicitors may be able to help. We have the utmost respect for the vast majority of Police Officers who protect the public and uphold the law each day. However, if a Police Officer has acted unfairly or illegally then you certainly deserve to get justice.

You may be entitled to compensation if you have been unfairly treated, wrongfully arrested, or even assaulted by a Police Officer. This may also enable the Police Force to instigate disciplinary action to ensure that no other member of the public finds themselves in your situation.

The Independent Office for Police Conduct reported that between 2020 and 2021 there were a total of 67,732 complaint cases logged by police forces and local policing bodies in the UK. The complaints included allegations of assault, sexual assault, discrimination, corruption and generally breaches of the code of conduct.

If you believe you have a valid Actions Against The Police claim, our friendly panel of solicitors can guide you through your next steps. Start today by filling out our enquiry form.

Examples of Police Misconduct

This is by no means an exhaustive list of all the forms of Police misconduct but does show the most common cases which we are able to assist with:

Assault and excessive use of force
Injury during arrest
Wrongful arrest
Unlawful stop and search
Unlawful imprisonment
Trespass to property
Bites by Police dogs
Death whilst in custody
Data Protection Breach
Injury from excessive application of Pepper Spray or Taser
Breach of your Human Rights

If you have been a victim of any of the above, please get in touch with PoliceComplaint.co.uk to find out how we can help.

Click Here to Start Now

Frequently Asked Questions

What is a Police Complaint?

A Police complaint is made when an individual approaches the Police force concerned, and most complaints are dealt with by the Police forces internal professional standards department. However, if the complaint is of a more serious nature such as assault of Sexual assault, the Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) will be involved.

If you file a complaint in this way, it is possible that you will receive an apology if the Police officer is found to have carried out misconduct. However, this will not mean that you receive any compensation for the distress which has been caused. Therefore, filing a complaint in this way is different to taking civil legal action against the Police. If you feel that you have been mistreated by the Police and an apology is not good enough, then please get in touch to see how we can assist in obtaining compensation for the pain you were caused.

What is an Action against the Police claim?

Unlike a complaint against the Police, an Action Against the Police is a civil claim which can be pursued through the courts. This is a Civil claim for compensation against the Police force. If we believe that you have a valid case for compensation, then your case will be handled on a no win no fee basis.

We may also be able to assist with claims against other similar public bodies such as the Probation or Prison Services or the Court.

What are the time limits for bringing action?

Depending on the type of claim you wish to bring there are time limits in which you must raise your claim against the Police.

Below is a guide for time limits of various claims

  1. Data Protection Breach - 6 years
  2. Unlawful arrest or false imprisonment - 6 Years
  3. Trespass on property or goods - 6 years
  4. Assault or personal injury- 3 years
  5. Breach of Human Rights - 12 months
  6. Discrimination - 6 months

Will it cost me to claim?

Policecomplaint.co.uk may be able to bring your claim on a No Win No Fee Basis.

How PoliceComplaint.co.uk can help you?

If you consider you have experienced mistreatment or misconduct at the hands of the Police or other public bodies, then we can help. We will fight your corner to ensure that you receive the compensation which you deserve. 

Our panel of expert solicitors will assist you in obtaining evidence from the Police. We are experienced in bringing robust claims against the Police.

You can also rest assured that all of our panel are regulated by the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA).